The Big Bang Boom Bloggers’ Meet-up and Tweeps’ Tweet-up is now history, and what an event it was! Bloggers and tweeps braved freezing weather and icy streets on Tuesday evening to attend the social mixer that we hosted at the Caveau Montpensier. A big thank-you goes out to Jeb, the owner, for providing space for us to meet, and to Priscila Pilon (Weekend in Paris) and Forest Collins (52 Martinis) for their invaluable advice and suggestions about how to organize this event.
The event was a great opportunity for people to come together, renew old acquaintances, and to make new ones! The following persons attended:
- Donna Morris Best Friend in Paris
- Mary Kay Bosshart Out and About in Paris @OutInParisBlog
- Marie Gantois Mococha Chocolats @MocochaChocolat
- Tony Paschall Union of Overseas Voters @WeVoteAbroad
- Niki Borofski Global Potential @globalpotential
- Andrea Carroll Paris Really @ParisReally
- Thomas Butler Localers
- Rosemary Kneipp Aussie in France @RosemaryKneipp
- Lisa Rankin Flavors of Paris @flavorsofparis
- Elizabeth Milovidov Crossing Guard Consulting @crossing_guard
- Adrian Leeds Adrian Leeds @adrianleeds
- Tara Byrne Cook’n with Class @Cooknwithclass
- Monique Y. Wells Discover Paris! @MoniqueinParis
- Tom Reeves Discover Paris! @TomReevesParis
The big attraction for the evening—and probably the real reason why people showed up in spite of the freezing weather—was the chance to win a scale-model chocolate statue of Auguste Rodin’s La Danaïde made by chocolatier Jean-Charles Rochoux. Elizabeth correctly identified the statue from the intriguing image of its fesses (buttocks) that we posted on our Web site two weeks before the event. Congratulations, Elizabeth!
The giveaway was timed to promote the launch of our exciting new game called Guess the Fesses—it is an online quiz that tests your knowledge of sculptures that grace the Paris landscape. Designed to be fun, the correct answers are revealed immediately after each guess. At the end of the quiz, if you want to learn more about the sculptures, you can take our free virtual tour of Paris!
Now that your interest is piqued, click here to begin!
Like our blog? Join us on Facebook!